Trash Collection - Garden State Removal
TRASH COLLECTION BY GARDEN STATE REMOVAL
If you have questions, comments or experience any difficulties or problems with pick-up
call (609) 261-0556 or email email@example.com.
For the safety of our residents and the trash collectors, Garden State Removal will only collect BAGGED trash. Loose trash in the can will be left until it is bagged. Please use bags whether using a can or not.
Trash Collection Schedule by Street Name Regular Collections days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
Monday or Thursday holidays DO NOT affect the collection schedule as the normal trash days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. If your trash day falls on a holiday, your trash will be picked up the next day. Updates - Township website.
- Curbside placement. Have containers curbside by 6:00 a.m.
- Not be placed curbside any earlier than 24 hours before the scheduled collection.
- No larger than a 32-gallon size container; and should not weigh more than 50 lbs. filled.
- Curbside placement with your regular trash collection day.
- You are permitted one bulk item per week. Example: one piece of furniture.
- A mattress and box spring are considered two items.
RECLINER SOFAS / CHAIRS AND SLEEPER SOFAS
The following are considered recycle material and is how to dispose of such items.
- All metal must be removed from the item(s) before the collection day.
- The recliner usually has 2 bolts on either side of the recliner chair.
- The footer section of the recliner can be placed on top of the seat and placed out for curbside for regular collection.
- Sleeper couches/sofas must have the metal bedding removed from sofa and only the sofa may be place out for regular collection.
- The metal insert is a recyclable item. It will be collected with the Township’s metal collection schedule and will not be picked up as a regular household bulk item.
- No treated wood. Treated wood is considered hazardous material and must be discarded accordingly.
- Nails must be either removed or hammered down so no injuries occur to the trash collector.
- Wood must be cut in 4-foot sections.
- Contractors for fencing and siding are required to remove and discard any debris they create.
- If you are attempting to dispose of construction materials, both indoor and outdoor; landscaping materials; fencing; railroad ties; and concrete, etc., you must plan to dispose of this privately. Please consider obtaining dumpsters or hiring haulers, etc.
- You have the option of taking materials to the Burlington County Landfill. (609) 499-5200.
- Removed and installed by the homeowner is considered a bulk item.
- Limit of 5 rolls cut into 4-foot lengths. All bulk items have a limit of 50 lbs. each.
- Carpet installed by a contractor must be discarded by the contractor.
GLASS/MIRRORS/PORCELAIN – MUST BE CONTAINED AND SEALED
- Broken glass should be placed in a durable cardboard box; be taped and labeled “contains broken glass”. This protects the collectors from injury. All other cardboard is to be recycled.
- The trash contractor WILL NOT accept trash placed in cardboard.
- The trash contractor WILL NOT accept grass, leaves or brush.
- The trash contractor WILL NOT collect loose trash if it has been spilled.
- The trash contractor WILL NOT return for late curb placement.
- If you are moving and have a large amounts of household trash to be disposed; you must make your own arrangements for disposal, such as a dumpster. It is the responsibility of the homeowner for disposal of moveout household goods.
- If arrangements cannot be made in advance of settlement, sellers are urged to request that money be held in escrow to cover any costs to dispose of these materials.
- The Township's contract does not include the cost for disposal of house contents in bulk. It is a homeowner’s responsibility to dispose of large quantities of possessions.