TABERNACLE CEMETERY - RESTING PLACE OF INDIAN ANN
The Tabernacle Cemetary located directly across the street from Town Hall is also in the history books as the resting place for the "Last of the Delawares" Indian Ann, considered to be the last Lenape living in the area. Indian Ann was buried there in 1895.
An interesting legend deals with the meeting of 2 little girls, a girl named Mary and an Indian girl named Princess Ann (later known as Indian Ann). Mary shared her lunch with Ann by a small stream now known as Bread and Cheese Run. Ann took Mary to her father, the Chief. The Chief then escorted Mary back to her father and explained Mary's kindness. The area became known as Inawendwin, which is the Indian word for friendship. Today, the Girl Scout camp, located in Tabernacle, still carries the name of Inawendwin.
Additional information on Indian Ann:http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=4035