- Tabernacle Township participates in the Burlington County Recycling Program.
- The following should be used as a guide as to how to prepare this material for recycling.
- Newspapers, cardboard, glass bottles, jars, aluminum and steel food and beverage cans are collected by Burlington County on a bi-weekly schedule that is mailed to each homeowner in Tabernacle. Additional copies of the schedule are available at Town Hall. If you have any questions regarding Burlington County Curbside Collection Program please call (609) 267-6889.
- Please have all of these recyclables curbside by 6:00 a.m.
- Do not flatten aluminum or steel cans.
- Do not break glass bottles.
- Rinse all containers.
- Flatten all plastic milk and water bottles being recycled. Bottles that can be recycled will have a #1 or #2 on the bottom of them.
- Do not place paper or cardboard on the lid of the recycling container. A separate truck collects the paper and cardboard.
- Glass, Cans and #1 or #2 Plastic Bottles may be placed in a single container for collection. This is known as commingling.
- Newspapers may be placed in brown paper bags or tied with string or twine.
- Cardboard must be placed separately and stacked together.
Tabernacle also provides a satellite collection center for recyclables located at Town Hall next to Public Works. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:30 to 3:00. Residents may bring their excess recyclables to this location at any time. THIS AREA IS FOR RECYCLABLES ONLY. Anyone caught dumping things other than recyclables will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. When using this facility please ensure that the recyclables you are dropping off go in the correct areas. In addition, please flatten all cardboard boxes you are dropping off. This will ensure that the containers will be filled to their capacity and will also keep the area neat.
TV's, Computers Monitors, Computer Towers, and Laptops only
Residents may bring these items during regular Township hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. You may leave the items next to the large blue container. Public Works employees will place these items in the container. The Township will pick-up tube and flat screen TV's, computers monitors, and computer towers only. Place curbside. Please call (609) 268-1220 to schedule this pick-up by 12:00 noon the Monday before to arrange for pick-up.
Residents may also take these items to any Goodwill drop-off center for recycling. Check your local listing.
Tabernacle Township has a once a month white metal recycling on the fourth Tuesday of each month and you must call no later than 10:00 a.m., the Monday before to arrange for pick-up at (609) 268-1220. Items that would fall under this category would include, but are not limited to: appliances, bicycles, lawn mowers, air conditioners, hot water heaters, dehumidifiers or any other metal objects that can be recycled.
Holiday trees will be picked up on your regular trash day during the month of January weather permitting. Please keep the trees slightly separated from your trash so as not to interfere with the trash collection. If using plastic bags to remove the tree from your home, please remove the bag once it is at the curb to facilitate the shredding process. Please be sure to remove any support stands from the trees.